Saturday, March 20, 2010

Tales of Monkey Tails

OK. I have got to pass on words of wisdom from my son. The other day, Tanner and I were lounging around talking, and the conversation wound around, covering all sorts of topics like conversations tend to do.

Well, we’d been talking about the pre-existence, valiant spirits coming to earth, whether or not there would be animals in heaven, were animals as valiant as people when they were spirits, and on and on. Then somehow, the conversation took a turn and it came up that I am sometimes klutzy.

Tanner said:
Actually, Mom, I think you were supposed to come to earth as a monkey, but God had mercy on you. God said, “I can’t send that poor creature down as a monkey and expect her to handle a tail; that would really throw her off. I’d better send her as a human so she only has four appendages. Five would really do her in.”

I about fell off the couch I was laughing so hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment